My two weeks of rest during the holidays has officially come slamming to a close with the alarm jolting me awake by 6:30am everyday this week. The time I had off was spent just loving on my kids, hanging out with my hubby, reading books, drinking coffee interspersed with visiting and painting. I don't know what I'd do if I had a regular job where I worked like all the weeks of the year. I don't think I could cope?! How do people do that?
I have come to appreciate my job for many reasons but one of the biggies is that I can be off the same days my kids are. I loooove that. I love my kids and I love spending time with my kids. I loathe the day we are return back to our regular routine and are separated from each other. Other mom's think I'm a nut because I don't have that crazed, "I can't wait till they go back" look in my eyes by the end of week one. And don't get me wrong, I like routine, but I really LOVe it when it's my routine not someone else's.
I am back to work, university and doing laundry. My rest is over. But this semester I am determined to balance myself better than last. It was so crazy with all the reno's, classes, work and kids. There wasn't really enough of a schedule to keep things in any kind of order and things were changing day to day. I was mostly just keeping my head above water but I was just exhausted. I think I'm still recovering really, but my creativity for cooking has returned and I am making time for things I like. My husband has done an amazing job on the house and the only complaint I have now is that it's taking time to getting used to all the space. The kids come in to the living room and say, "Hi mom, I missed you!" and they were only just in the other living room. haha
So back to the grind. I may even have some more time for blogging.
1 comment:
I love it that you COULD wait to get back....I miss my kids like crazy every day....
Post a Comment