Sunday, May 03, 2009

Confession

I am THE WORST toothfairy.

Seriously. The worst. My son lost his tooth at school the other day and brought it home. Left it on the counter and in the morning reminded me she didn't come.

Him: Mom, the toothfairy didn't come.

Me: Really? I think it's because she couldn't find it. You've got to leave it under your pillow buddy so she can find it.

Him: (kind of fell for it) Okay. I'll put it there tonight but she better come.

Me: *whew! I've got one more night to pull it together*promptly forgets*.

next morning :

Kid: (holding said tooth with disgusted accusing look on his groggy morning cute face) She didn't come again mom.

Me: You know what honey? It was just pouring rain last night so I'm sure she couldn't make it out. Ya know, she's little and all that so she can't get those rain drops on her delicate little wings. I'm sure she'll make it out tonight.

Kid: Mom. She better come tonight.

Me: I'm sure she will. *promptly forgets again*

after school

Kid: MOM! MOM! I saw the tooth fairy on the way home from school today and she told me there was 5 bucks waiting for me at home!!!!

Me: Really? Well here's your cash then.


I suck.

3 comments:

Anita said...

You might suck at tooth fairy but you rock at telling about it...haha...gawd I just laughed and laughed..."it's raining"?? that was your big excuse...hahahahaa...you are fantastic! xo

Little Chickpea said...

I totally suck at tooth fairy!! hahaha.... Isn't "it's raining" a valid excuse?

Anita said...

the tooth fairy is sooo sweet. she must let in the rain....

(see, I got yo back...:-))